Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunny Worship Day Personal Assessment


Ryan J. Hulbert, Ph.D.

“7 days without a worship day makes one weak”

The following are simply suggestions to help think about things you can do to come closer to God on your day of worship. Points have been assigned to 11 behaviors as a means of evaluating progress in creating a significant day of much spiritual sunshine. Unless you choose otherwise, no one else needs to see your score. For the purpose of this assessment, each behavior below can only be counted once per worship day.

1. I attended a group worship service today. (20 points)
YES NO

2. I helped make it easier for someone in my immediate family to attend. (5 points)
YES NO

3. I warmly greeted someone there who I did not know, or did not know well. (5 points)
YES NO

4. I greeted and spoke briefly with someone there who appeared lonely or in need of a friend. (5 points)
YES NO

5. I visited someone who was sick or who was homebound, or in a facility. (10 points)
YES NO

6. I learned the name of a child in our community so that I can greet him or her by name in the future.(5 points)
YES NO

7. I studied and pondered my sacred Scripture for at least 15 minutes, and briefly recorded my thoughts in a journal. (10 points)
YES NO

8. I wrote a handwritten note or letter to someone I felt inspired to encourage or re-connect with. (10 points)
YES NO

9. I did something to better connect with someone of a different faith, cultural background, or race. (10 points)
YES NO

10. I personally prayed to express gratitude to God. (10 points)
YES NO

11. I did something to quietly appreciate God’s creation of nature. (5 points)
YES NO


Score =
Scores

5-19     Cloudy to Partly Sunny  

            You have made some effort to grow closer to God on your day of worship

20-39   Moderately Sunny

            You have made moderate effort to grow closer to God on your day of worship

40-59   Mostly Sunny

            You have made quite a bit of effort to grow closer to God on your day of worship

60-79   Sunny 

            You have made significant effort to grow closer to God on your day of worship

80-95   Very Sunny

            You have made very significant effort to grow closer to God on your day of worship

96+       Even More Sunny!




No comments:

Post a Comment